Thursday 30 January 2014

Sumptuous Meal starting @ Rs. 45/-


 In my last blog I had let you know about my meeting at Vasai and how I was curious about the hoarding of "Chadaro Taza Tazaa" which I saw at Vasai while travelling back home, and how it made me get a free visit  at Chadaro's Kitchen Plant which is into the tiffin service sector.


The next day in the morning I got a call from the Marketing Manager of Chadaro in Vasai.  It was a confirmation call for my visit to their Kitchen Plant  which is situated in Vasai itself. I was really amazed with the prompt reply and warmness. I was given the appointment of the same day for  11:00am. Without any hesitation I confirmed my presence.

I was all set to visit Chadaro Tiffins...I mean Chadaro Tiffin Service in Mumbai. I reached Vasai station at 10:45am. I had been offered a pickup drop service by Chadaro. I was on time at the Plant. The Marketing Manager  and the other staff  gave me a warm welcome with a welcome drink.

The moment I entered the Kitchen plant crossing the admin area I was really amazed with the cleanliness of the plant. For a hospitality business this is one important factor. The kitchen was sparkling. The utensils were shinning bright and the cooks were neatly dressed in their uniform taking care of all the hygiene factors.
The most convincing factor was the use of water. Clean and filtered water is the  door to healthy life. The kitchen plant has an in – house RO treatment plant which is used for cooking and also for washing of utensils, to maintain truly sterile environment for food preparation. 

The Kitchen of Chadaro
The RO Treatment Plant

Since it was a busy schedule for the staff and the preparation of the tiffins were on - I found out that they were not using baking soda, artificial colors, additives, preservatives and MSGs in the preparation of food. Food was served in disposable food grade trays with aluminium foils to maintain the food temperature and keep the freshness intact. Raw food materials were stored in traditional methods to ensure the flavors and nutritive values. Food was not refrigerated and was cooked fresh . Basic food items provided at Chadaro are dal, sabji, chapattis and rice, chapattis being handmade in-house.

Packaging of Disposable Tiffins
Handmade chapati's and Poli's
It was pleasure seeing all this in reality which was promised by Chadaro on their website and also on the hoarding that I had seen. 

During the tour of the Kitchen and through my interaction with the cooks and other staff out there I came to know a very interesting practice held at Chadaro. At Chadaro, regular competitions are held among the cooking staff to innovate new dishes. The winning dish is then made adaptable and is inculcated in the regular meals thus giving new authentic dishes to the customers.


Staff at Work

Work in Progress

After the tour of the Kitchen I was made to taste the variety of Thali's that they offer-  Basic, Regular, Deluxe, Executive and Premium thali. The basic thali  had 1 Vegetable + 5 Chapattis or Dal Rice or Pulav Raita or Puri Bhaji at a minimum  cost of Rs. 45. I was shocked to see that in today's time where inflation is sky rocketing I can get a sumptuous meal for Rs. 45. The regular thali had 1 Vegetable + 1 Dal + 1 Rice + 4 Chapattis + Veg salad + Pickle for  Rs. 80. The Chadaro Delux Thali had 2 different Vegetables + 1 Dal + 1 Rice + 4 Chapattis or 3 Parathas + 1 Veg Salad + 1 Pickle at the of cost Rs. 100. The Executive Thali had 1 Vegetable + 1 Dal + 1 Rice + 3 Chapattis + Veg salad + Pickle for Rs. 65.  The premium thali had 3 Vegetables + 1 Dal + 1 Rice + 1 Sweet + 3 Paratha’s or 4 Chapattis + Veg Salad + Farsan + Veg salad + Pickle which was for  Rs. 145 only.

I couldn't believe that such amazing variety of dishes was offered at such minimum prices and simultaneously the quality offered was also great. I was curious to know whether the same dishes are served daily in the menu? To this the Manager replied that No, it's not so. Different variety is served for all the 30 days and in the next month the cycle is repeated . The menu changes every quaterly. And apart from just serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Chadaro also serves Snack thali's and School Tiffins.  They also offer Jain veg thali and also offer catering for events and also offer corporate catering.

The taste of the food was awesome. I was very impressed with the entire cooking process and also with the packaging of the food.

The entire visit took me about 2 hours at the plant. But was worth spending my time. I was totally stranger to Chadaro but after this visit I feel like a member of it. I have recommended Chadaro tiffin services to all my friends residing and working in Vasai and Mira Road.  For people staying in other parts of Mumbai they can also get the services offered by Chadaro through Dabbawala services.



Hope even you will be recommending it to your near and dear ones!

Till then Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment